As a part of the larger NFTY North American community, we are given an incredible opportunity to attend NFTY Convention. Every two years, over 1,000 Reform Jewish teens and adults gather together as one community in one city for the best weekend ever.
I was lucky enough to join 28 NFTY-OV teens attending NFTY Convention 2015 in Atlanta. Some OVites who attended NFTY Convention 2015 have shared the Top 10 reasons that YOU should join us in Chicago for NFTY Convention 2017!
Top 10 Reasons to Attend NFTY Convention with NFTY Ohio Valley
- Connect with NFTY and the entire movement on the North American level and realize that our organization is so much bigger than just 1 region (there are 18 other regions).
- Network and meet with other teens to learn how NFTY is unique in every region.
- Experience the expression labs and social justice workshops because that is totally unique to NFTY Convention 2017!
- Learn skills in special learning sessions to bring back to your local TYGs and congregations.
- The incredible speakers at NFTY Convention 2015 brought to life all of the social issues NFTY fights for, making it fully apparent why NFTY does the amazing work we do.
- Have a freaking awesome time reconnecting with old friends and making connections chilling with new friends at a sweet hotel in Chicago.
- Help us reach our goal of 50+ OV teens reppin’ the best region under the sun.
- Live it up by dancing and singing at an epic song-session.
- Participate in a ruach-filled (highly spirited) service like no other with 1,000+ teens.
- Have the time of your life NOW so you don’t miss out or have to wait two more years.
I can’t wait to see you in Chicago!
*Thank you Taylor Guba (NFTY-OV RCVP) and Micah Kraus (Head Songleader) for contributing to the Top 10 list.